Sunday, June 08, 2014

Published 4:56 PM by with 1 comment

Weekending: I

"Weekending. My favorite part of the week. A time to relax, live, love, just be. ~ Amanda" 

Linking up with Karen at Pumpkin Sunrise


Beginning to lose memory of a time when I wasn't absolutely tired,
dragging from late nights and early mornings.
But full of good energy from good friends visiting,
a sermon of encouragement while sock-knitting
("if fingers are busy, ears will be open" is my policy, even in church)
and a much-needed date night with My Love 
laughing with flashmob friends
watching "Henry IV" at Shakespeare in the Park
while another best friend cared for our daughter at home.

More and more moments of joy 
with Harmony too, as she climbs closer to the two-year mark.
Reading "Blueberries for Sal" and eating blueberries just like Sal.
Splashing in puddles in our rainboots in the parking lot
of the local produce stand, soaking up the spring rain.
Cooking together; she peels the garlic
and hands me the potatoes to wash.
Dancing with daddy in the kitchen!
Listening to the Mary Poppins soundtrack for the seventh time
today as she learns to sing "feed the birds, tuppence a bag".

Boxes everywhere in anticipation of the move to New Haus
six days from now.
Bare walls already here
with the last minute scramble for boxes, tape, organization of drawers.
Still taking the time 
to sit quietly in the morning and write down gratitudes
while listening to "Mother Falcon" on headphones
and read selections from Romans, Hebrews, 
Genesis, or the Psalms,
trying to not be distracted 
by the million little projects
close at hand.

How was your weekend?

      edit

1 comments:

karen said...

you have a full weekend with an impending move! I moved when my kids were each at around 2 yo. NOT easy! but I did it and I had lots of energy for some reason to get it done.

lovely weekend :)