Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Published 7:18 AM by with 0 comment

The Only Way I Have Been Able to Survive This Illness

Feeling so sick that I can't even take care of myself, let alone my daughter.

Thank the Lord for my family who cares for both of us with love.

Unable to go back to teaching when I'm supposed to in September, due to the same sickness that lingers much longer than it should.

Thank the Lord for Chris's job, supportive fellow teachers, and sympathetic students' families.

Missing out on church, friends, fellowship for a month... no energy for anything except recovery.

Thank the Lord for kind phone calls, meals dropped off, missing-you texts, and loving messages.

Can't venture outdoors for weeks.

Thank the Lord for sending gorgeous autumn weather just as I have enough strength to start taking slow walks in our neighborhood.

Little sleep. Waking up to feed a newborn. Lie awake in pain from illness.

Thank the Lord for our new bed, which heals my chronic back problems at least, and for Bible verses saved on my phone for middle of the night comfort.

Nausea (and worse) for two weeks due to four different kinds of antibiotics.

Thank the Lord for medicine that is, despite awful side effects, bringing healing.

Complaining. Inner grumbling that my plans aren't working out the way I want.

Thank the Lord that He is teaching me lessons in trust, patience, peace, and gratefulness, fixing my eyes on what is truly important.

May you be strengthened with all power, 
according to His glorious might,
for all endurance and patience with joy,
giving thanks to the Father,
who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.


      edit

0 comments: