Monday, March 02, 2015

Published 2:53 PM by with 0 comment

Precipice {and Gratitude}

Looking into the year ahead from this vantage point, the height of the turn of the seasons, still feeling like the beginning of the year, the landscape spread out before me is breathtaking. Metaphorical destinations symbolizing where I hope to go in my music, creative pursuits, and personal growth are growing more clear. The mist is beginning to lift. It may look like these places are far, far distant but the reality is that my journey will take me to them if I keep my eyes fixed not only on the path, but on the beauty surrounding the way and on the lovely people traveling with me. I would not be here without the grace of God. I would not be here if it weren't for His implanted joy of music in my soul. Creativity is what makes me feel alive... makes me bow in worship to the One in whose Image I was created to create. I would not be here without the support of my wonderful family and close circle of friends; their love gives me wings. 

These folks. My friends. Although I may not be able to constantly tell them how much they are appreciated, they are with me in spirit every day. Their wisdom, their thoughtfulness, their quirkiness, their awesomeness, their gifts: all these are inspirational to me. For all the times they have encouraged me, helped with babysitting, shared their talents, cooked a meal, gone out to coffee, had late night conversations, listened to me play music, and gently helped me back to the right path when I began to stray, I am so very, very grateful. This life wouldn't be the same without you. 

~ Prompt for March 1st: Precipice 
                                                     
Gorgeous work by hand-lettering extraordinare Helen Boggess
                                                                                           
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Participating in Write Alm's March prompts, daily words as guides for writing down what is in my head and heart. Entries might be long, might be short, might be posted here on the blog, or shared on my Instagram account. Do join me and many others in sharing our thoughts with these prompts!


                                                                                                                                                                                              
      edit

0 comments: