Friday, March 15, 2013

Published 1:24 PM by with 0 comment

Friday Finds

Want to expand your horizons by taking university classes, but don't have the money or time to travel? Here is a list of 700 (that's right, SEVEN HUNDRED) free courses from great universities!

I am working on becoming a more patient person every day. In fact, pretty much every hour there is an opportunity for me to either lose my temper or to grow a bit more patient. Thanks be to God, I am slowly, slowly developing more patience, especially as a mother. This article about staying patient with your young children has really been helping me in this process.


P.G. Wodehouse's famous books about Jeeves and Wooster comprise one of my all-time favorite series. We even own the BBC television adaptation of the stories, which are hilarious! Now a new author is going to attempt to continue the adventures of Jeeves and Wooster by writing a new novel in the style of Wodehouse. We'll see how this goes...


Electricity, when it was first invented, was a pretty cool thing for everyone. But did you know that towers of light that were supposed to be imitation moons were set up in towns? Neither did I.


"The Internet and her friends have offered my daughter a lifeline to explore new interests that are not just about the resume and getting ahead of everyone else. In today's high-pressure climate for teens, the Internet is feeling more and more like one of the few havens they can find for the lessons that matter most." Do you agree with this author that teens know best about the internet?


The terrible tsunami in Japan had devastating effects on everyone living there. But here's how one group of elderly ladies rallied together and used knitting to keep going in the aftermath. I love stories that feature amazing women like these!


Disney and Pixar have lots of feisty heroines in their movies lately. Maybe it's time for an introverted heroine! What do you think?


Four children with voices already speaking in the world give their opinions about the future of education. I am intrigued with what they have to say.


Last but not least, I'm hosting a give-away on my blog! Do you know anyone who would like a pair of home-knit dolls? They would be happy to join a loving home!


Oh, and happy Ides of March ; ) 

(Source)

      edit

0 comments: