Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Published 7:33 AM by with 0 comment

Wednesday Wanderings

Pinterest is the place to go for creative ideas. But sometimes our own attempts to replicate the projects we see there don't turn out quite the same as the pretty little pictures online ; )  Here are some hilarious examples of Pinterest fails

(Source)

"In practice, there are some sins that are socially acceptable, even in the Church. There's one sin in particular that has pervaded our society and churches so silently we hardly give it a second thought." What might it be? Visit this article to find out what one author thinks. 


Worry is one of the greatest plagues of the mind, my mind included. Once a tiny niggle of a doubt creeps in, it soon drags all my hope, cheer, joy, determination, and peace down the drain to be replaced by fear. These ten steps to take when you are worried were very helpful! I'm writing them down on a piece of paper to keep handy for all times. 


"We don’t suddenly become people when we start to toddle, speak recognizable words, respect our elders, vote or get married. We are all there from the beginning and waiting, hoping to connect with someone who can really see us, the person. We have a powerful instinctive need to understand and be understood, and we trust our parents to show us the way." A great quote by Janet Lansbury, who has written some articles that I've found helpful as a parent. Check it out!

With Harmony around, Chris and I have been much more aware of all the chemicals in our apartment: cleaning agents, laundry soap, window cleaner, and more. We're trying to eliminate as many of the chemicals as possible to make our home both more environmentally friendly and more safe for children. Here are some great recipes for home-made cleaning supplies!


Interested in some carbonated black coffee? No? Me either. But the idea is fascinating.


"Wanting to connect and stay connected to God is born into us and yet sometimes the reality of this connecting seems to drift away like the radio station that begins to come in and out when your car is leaving the broadcast range of the station. I remind myself with the notion that regardless of whether the connection feels like it is there or not, it is there. It is not dependent on how I may be feeling or performing at any given time. This truth is a great comfort to me." How do you view prayer


In honor of Mother's Day (which I enjoyed very much!), I'll end with this lovely poem by Diane Loomans which was posted here


If I had my child to raise all over again, 

I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes. 
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through the fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging. 

      edit

0 comments: