Thursday, October 24, 2013

Published 7:14 AM by with 0 comment

Thoughtful Thursday: Turning an Omelet for the Love of God

"I turn my little omelet in the pan for the love of God. When it is finished, if I have nothing to do, I prostrate myself on the ground and worship my God, who gave me this grace to make it, after which I arise happier than a king. When I can do nothing else, it is enough to have picked up a straw for the love of God. People look for ways of learning how to love God. They hope to attain it by I know not how many different practices. They take much trouble to abide in His presence by varied means. Is it not a shorter and more direct way to do everything for the love of God, to make use of all the tasks one's lot in life demands to show him that love, and to maintain his presence within by the communion of our heart with his? There is nothing complicated about it. One has only to turn to it honestly and simply."

~ excerpt from Practice by Brother Lawrence, quote read in the book Ordering Your Private World by Gordon MacDonald


~ A weekly post sharing a selection from a book I am currently reading ~
 ~ Feel free to let me know your thoughts in the comment section ~

A thoughtful quote can be the bridge that leads us farther
along the path to understanding ourselves and the world.

      edit

0 comments: