Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Published 7:21 AM by with 0 comment

Wednesday Wanderings

Here is a varied selection of articles that I've found on my excursions around the web! I hope you enjoy them, or at least find them thought-provoking. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comment section, whether you agree or disagree. 

This is the last post for Wednesday Wanderings until December! All my writing focus and time will be taken up with THIS. Check it out!

What's the most intellectual joke you know? After reading this article, you'll have fifty of them under your belt for the next time you're at a party with a bunch of physicists. Or rocket scientists? There are some real groaners here....

Here's a link kinda related to Halloween! Did you know there was such a thing as a "ghost city"? It would definitely freak me out to walk around in one!

"Create first, consume second." This should be the mantra of every artist and craftsman!

Stories like this one are the reason I was proud to stand with other mothers, fathers, midwives, children, and doulas in my city at the Improve Birth Rally on Labor Day.

I drink tea almost every single day in cold weather. That's a lot of tea, so I was appalled to find out that those delicious, hot cups may not contain exactly what I thought they did.

It's so sad that our culture has come to a point where we say, "children are suffering a severe deficit of play". But it's true. We need to not turn a blind eye to this problem!

I am a firm believer in allowing children to eat as much candy as they want twice a year: their birthday, and Halloween. My sister learned moderation from her ventures into overindulgence; I learned that a tummy-ache twice a year was worth the fun of eating a bagful of sugar (I know better as an adult, of course.....).  However, if your child is not the candy-eating sort (does such a child exist?), or you as the parent are more firm about what is done with the gathered goods, then here are a bunch of great ideas to  use up left-over Halloween candy!

(source)

      edit

0 comments: