Thursday, July 03, 2014

Published 2:00 PM by with 0 comment

Weekending, Disgracefully Late Edition: IV


House so full that there aren't any empty rooms,
home overflowing with smiles and chatter.
My student wins first place
in a difficult guitar competition,
I hear ten of my students perform
a fantastic concert,
I have two long gigs myself
on a guitar that is happy to be played again.
Dear visiting friends keep this place 
filled with music all week long:
guitars on the porch, in the den, 
on the couch, 
in the dining room,
in the grass.
Late night glasses of wine
sipped over conversations
of life, living now, love;
early morning walks 
to the local bakery right down the street
for coffee and donuts.
Harmony skipping along
the sidewalk singing 
Twinkle twinkle, little star.

      edit

0 comments: