Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Published 8:34 AM by with 2 comments

Wednesday Wanderings

Here is a varied selection of articles that I've found on my excursions around the web! I hope you enjoy them, or at least find them thought-provoking. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comment section, whether you agree or disagree. 

"You can't teach creativity; all you can do is let it blossom, and it blossoms in play." I whole-heartedly agree with this author's statement that children are suffering a severe deficit of play, and that needs to change in our schools, our homes, and our culture.

Ever since reading this, I've finished off the rest of my tea collection and only purchased organic varieties (World Market just had a huge sale, so I stocked up). My sister and I drink tea every day, mostly herbal, so it was horrifying to read that our daily beverage might have more gross stuff in it than we knew!

During 2014 I plan to keep track of all the books I read. Check out seven reasons why everyone should be reading books! I mean, as if you needed more reasons to read ; )

There has been a noticeable positive change in my productivity and energy ever since I began following these ten unconventional habits to live distraction-less. Highly recommended!

Everyone falls into the comparison trap. Don't let comparison take away the joy of your own blessings and blessed life!

Many can recognize the famous first lines of classic books. But can you identify a novel by its FINAL line? Take the challenge here.

Pretty sure that musicians win the contest of "best insults for each other's work and appearance".

While "Jane Eyre" was a book that I did not enjoy reading, the lessons a 21st century woman can take away from its pages about living well are awesome.

Shopping local and patronizing mom-and-pop shops is more important than ever since Etsy announced that its future plans will be taking it away from the original goal of single, private distributors. So sad.

"What is it that you really want? Do you know anymore? Have you given up or have you just fallen asleep into a life that has carried you away to someplace you don't want to be? Perhaps it is time to have a good look in the mirror and see who is looking back." Wise words from a fellow artist and letter-writing correspondent, Rick Beerhorst.

For more of Rick's beautiful, thought-provoking artwork, check out his website here.
I love both his words and his work!

      edit

2 comments:

mountain girl said...

Becoming Minimalist is a great website--I haven't read the post you linked about distraction, but it looks good...I'll read it when I'm less distracted, hee hee.

Unknown said...

Oh Wow, I especially love that first quote!