Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Published 8:49 AM by with 1 comment

Wednesday Wanderings

Here is a varied selection of articles that I've found on my excursions around the web! I hope you enjoy them, or at least find them thought-provoking. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comment section, whether you agree or disagree. 

Here are one music student's eight lessons learned after the first few months of studying for his performance degree. Must read for any musician of any age or ability!

Some lessons are better unlearned; life will be better without them dragging you down. Here are ten of them!

I don't agree with everything in this article, but it has a lot of good points about why I'm not going to go see the new Disney movie, Frozen.

If you think that "those people" who visit a food pantry are somehow lesser because of their need, well, think again. Please read this article about giving compassion.

This guy found a box of otherworldly notes and drawings in the trash. WHOA.

So sad to see what is happening with the American Girl dolls. I never liked them when I was little (not one for playing with dolls much except for one special Cabbage Patch baby that I had since I was born) but my sister had one, and she loved it to death. I did like reading the books. However, with the turn that American Dolls are taking now, we'll probably not support their industry.

Teachers can be some of the most influential people in the world. Here's how one man honored his former teacher with an honest, beautifully-written letter.

After seventy-five years, Harvard has come out with the results of a study on what men need to live a happy life.

"Abstinence is unrealistic and old-fashioned." Do you believe that?

We'll end today's links with an incredible slide show of one artist's development over the course of twenty-five years! Awesome pictures.

(source)

      edit

1 comments:

Christian Hendricks said...

Oh man, that Matt Walsh blog...I like it less and less (or maybe dislike it more and more). That health teacher was misspoken in some ways, but Walsh is mistaken in many more.