Monday, February 11, 2013

Published 8:17 AM by with 0 comment

Harmony Finds the Guitar

Harmony crawled across the entire living room for the first time today.

Because I was playing my guitar.

Sitting on the ground across the room from her as she rolled around with stuffed animals, I was playing my guitar for the first time in a while. A long while. It's been months (maybe since before Harmony was born) since I picked up my guitar simply to play, not practice, and even my practice time was limited mostly to whenever I was at the studio in between lessons.

The instant Harmony heard the sound of the guitar playing, her head whipped up from the toy she held. She immediately crawled straight towards me, no wobbling, stumbling, or hesitation. My jaw dropped. She's been holding out on us this entire time!

We spent the next half hour learning what kinds of sounds, touches, scents, and textures the guitar has. She beamed, screamed with happiness, and used her tiny fingers to explore, as we learned how to be "gentle" with mama's instrument. Then she sat in my lap while I played the music she heard before she was born.

My heart sings.




      edit

0 comments: