Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Published 3:56 PM by with 3 comments

December Projects, Day #4

Prompt for day #4: morning ritual

Without any kind of caffeine, my body needs other ways of waking up. Splashing a little cold water on my face, a "fairy charm" my sister and I read about in one of our favorite childhood stories so long ago. Peeking out the closed curtains to greet the early morning light. A quick bite to eat as I settle down to read and write. My journal with the gratitude list is close at hand. I find that starting the day with thankfulness makes for a positive beginning.

Bible open to an Advent reading:

"God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it? Behold, I received a command to bless; he has blessed, and I cannot revoke it. He has not beheld misfortune in Jacob, nor has he seen trouble in Israel. The Lord their God is with them, and the shout of a king is among them...

...the oracle of the man whose eye is opened, the oracle of him who hears the words of God, and knows the knowledge of the Most High, who sees the vision of the Almighty, falling down with his eyes uncovered: I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near: a star shall come out of Jacob, and a scepter shall rise out of Israel..."

Grateful this morning for knowledge of the humble King who came as a little baby thousands of years ago. Grateful for the peace of a quiet household before the day dawns. Grateful for weather so warm that we can go out to the park today in short sleeves. Grateful for rehearsing ancient carols on mandolin and guitar with friends. So grateful.

~ December Prompt a Day from Write Alm






      edit

3 comments:

What Marty Sees said...

Beautiful post. Lovely thoughts to read and start the day and a great picture.

the habit of being said...

maybe you mentioned it and i missed it, are you using anything special for your advent reading?

Lyssa said...

After finding a huge selection of awesome Advent ideas, I realized that most of them would be more exciting next year or in years after that, since our Bug is only 18 months and not quite into the Advent spirit yet! So I am going through a set of Scripture readings handed out by our church that explore one of the titles of Jesus every day. Today is "Prophet like Moses", tomorrow is "Son of David", then we have "Messiah: Son of God and King", "Holy One and Resurrected Redeemer", etc. I really love the short passages that help tie together who Christ was throughout the entire Bible!