Friday, December 06, 2013

Published 7:10 AM by with 10 comments

This Moment: 'Twas the Night for the First Time (and December Projects Day #6!)


{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor, and remember. ~ Amanda

If you're inspired to do the same, come share your moment with me in the comment section!


"Twas the Night" for the First Time



Prompt for day #6: wish upon a star

The picture of a tiny star glowing in the night sky has always been a comfort to me. Its gentle light continues to shine faithfully, no matter what, not as bright as the sun or moon, but content to give its own lovely radiance. They remind me that the One Who Calls the Stars By Name surely has the power to give me strength when I am weak. Seasons change, clouds cover the heavens, the earth transforms, and the stars still offer their steady pinpricks of hope to my needy soul. I look up and remember that as long as the stars continue their walk across the sky, I am blessed in love, sustained by His mercy, and set free for the Great Dance of the universe.


      edit

10 comments:

Shel said...

You can't go wrong with The Night Before Christmas! Is that the Jan Brett version?

Our moment for this week comes from walking the Advent Spiral at our church. It was the first year that it had taken place at our church and while photography is not normally allowed at an Advent Spiral I am so glad that it was at this one (it was the first year everyone with the exception of our family had walked it and people really wanted to be able to document it). I love this picture of my sweet Grace in the Spiral. It just captured this experience perfectly!
http://ouronesweetfamily.blogspot.com/2013/12/this-moment-light-in-darkness.html

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mama Gone Green said...

I love Jan Brett's illustrations!! Thanks for popping by. Have a god weekend.

1000 Hours Outside said...

Love that book! Here is our momenthttp://1000hoursoutside.com/2013/12/06/this-momentchallenge-day-5/

Unknown said...

One of my holiday favourites.

Beautiful photo!

Wishing you a lovely weekend full of amazing moments.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love your moment!
Happy weekend :)

mountain girl said...

sweet moment, and great prompt thoughts. Have a nice weekend!

megan said...

Beautiful illustrations!

Melinda said...

What a special moment! We have the Jan Brett version too, the illustrations are my favorite. :)

Katrin said...

That looks like a very wonderful book! Have a great weekend!

Kim said...

First time...how sweet! Happy weekend.