Friday, December 13, 2013

Published 7:16 AM by with 6 comments

This Moment: Christmas Wonder Amid the Bustle of the Airport, and December Projects Day #13

{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor, and remember. ~ Amanda

If you're inspired to do the same, come share your moment with me in the comment section!




Christmas Wonder Amid the Bustle of the Airport


Prompt for day #13: silver

When silver and gold are paired together at Christmas time, they seem to stand on equal ground. In everyday life, however, gold appears to have a slight upper hand, at least in monetary value. I find myself thinking this morning: are you content to be silver, to sit back so that someone else can shine more brightly? Do I try to make myself look golden in the spotlight, or do I try to let the Spirit of Love shine through me and point back to the true worth of the Son?

I want to be content to glow a gentle, silver light.

      edit

6 comments:

becoming claudine said...

Love love love this! Leave it to a little to find the magic among the bustle! It makes me recall a time last season in a busy shopping area where my daughter insisted on dancing around each and every decorated tree we passed.

She forced me to slow down....it was wonderful!

Wonky Patchwork said...

Lovely photo, it's wonderful how little ones seem to appreciate every small detail about Christmas, rather than presents, presents, presents! Have a great weekend.

Appleshoe said...

This is a lovely photo and I also liked the prompt written below. Quite lovely. Be well.

megan said...

This is the first year we're not traveling for Christmas and I'm kind of missing the airport bustle. Not the plane ride, though! Hope you have safe travels!

mountain girl said...

She looks like she'd just love to grab one of those balls! Sweet moment!

Robin Follette said...

She looks completely taken by the ornament.


Winter arrived early in Maine. It's -10*F this morning. http://robinfollette.com/this-moment-fire-wood-stove/