Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Published 8:33 AM by with 0 comment

Looking Back on 2013

As the new year peeks around the corner, I'm doing a lot of writing, both on the computer and by hand, as I wrap up 2013 and prepare for 2014.

Here are the top posts on the blog for this past year, both in hit popularity and because I like them! I didn't include any of the "This Moment" posts, even though many of them were high on the list, because you can always click on the sub-category list at the side of the blog and scroll through the pictures if you'd like ; )

Harmony Emelia's home birth continues to be the top post of all time here!

Goodbye Facebook was also a hit, along with part two and part three. It was good to give Facebook up for a while. I'm even more determined to not let it take over my time in 2014, especially as I see how much the internet can suck our lives into its grasp!

A Christmas Miracle: Finding Jane is my personal favorite. Such an incredible true story.

How I Almost Ruined Christmas Eve will be the reminder for me to have the right priorities as a mother.

If you knew me when I was a kid, or a high schooler, or in college, then you should (please) read this post called Letter to My Past.

Okay, here's one "This Moment" post, because I also wrote about doing something that took me far out of my comfort zone. And I'm so glad that I did, because it's been a BLAST!

The series of questions I've posted has been very popular with viewers, though not necessarily with commenters. Hopefully more people will share their opinions this year when I ask questions! One of the most viewed posts was this: Should I Let My Daughter Listen to Music with *#^%*$ in the Lyrics.

Ten Things I've Learned in the First Year of Motherhood was so helpful for me to write down that I will definitely be doing this again when my daughter turns two.

I'm going to write a letter to my child(ren) each year on their birthday, which will be kept in a special keepsake box for them. A partial version of each letter will make an appearance here, and this one was the first installment.

After reaching the 100th blog post milestone (again), I celebrated!

Daring Greatly is what I hope to do in 2014 as well as 2013.

GRACE was my word for 2013. It has been a wonderful (and hard) year of learning Grace for myself and others. Stay tuned for an upcoming post where I'll share my word for 2014! Have you chosen a word yet?



This is the last prompt from December Write Alm: day #31, toast yourself! I missed writing yesterday as we drove back home from visiting family, but I'll be writing on yesterday's prompt a little later today : )  Thank you very much to Amanda at Write Alm for her lovely daily prompts! I've so much enjoyed using them as a spring board for inspired writing almost every day.
      edit

0 comments: